The Minnesota Vikings braved the frigid temperatures of Lambeau Field on Saturday night to shut out the Green Bay Packers, 16-0, the first shut out they have recorded since 1993. The win completes the purple and gold’s first season sweep of their arch rival since 2009.
The offense was out of rhythm for much of the game, likely due to the subfreezing temperatures. Case Keenum went 14 of 25 for 139 yards and a touchdown and took three sacks. Receiver Stefon Diggs led the way with five catches for 60 yards and the touchdown, while Adam Thielen was held to a season low two catches for 24 yards.
The running backs ability to pick up chunk yardage was sporadic in this one, but ultimate served their purpose. Latavius Murray led the way with 69 yards on 21 carries. Jerrick McKinnon chipped in 42 more yards on seven carries.
The Vikings relied on the leg of kicker, Kai Forbath, for the rest of the scoring. He hit all three of his field goal tries on the night to help keep the Packers at bay.
The Vikings defense were the stars of the night. Time and time again, they turned the Packers offense back. The Packers managed to get into the red zone twice, only to come away empty. Harrison Smith intercepted Packers quarterback, Brett Hundley, before halftime on the first trip. The Packers later failed to convert on fourth down early in the fourth quarter, turning it over on downs.
Despite rushing for 113 yards, the Packers offense could not move the ball consistently all night. Hundley completed just 17 of 40 passes for 130 yards and two interceptions, both to Harrison Smith. The Packers lost veteran receiver, Jordy Nelson, during the course of the game, which made the Packers already depleted offensive situation even weaker.
Ep 100: Divisional Round Preview: Who Is Headed To Championship Sunday?
by Full Press Coverage on January 21, 2023 at 12:19 pm
With the win, the 12-3 Vikings kept pace with the 12-2 Philadelphia Eagles for the top seed in the NFC while staying ahead of the Carolina Panthers for the number two seed. A loss by the Panthers on Sunday will clinch a first round bye for the Vikings. If the Eagles lose their final two games, and the Vikings win next weekend versus Chicago, the Vikings will be the number one seed and have home field advantage all the way through the Super Bowl.
- The Minnesota Vikings defense recorded only their second shut out ever of the Green Bay Packers, the other coming back in 1971. The Vikings defense has been on top of their game since coming out of the Week Nine bye, the Panthers game not withstanding.
- Harrison Smith, fresh off of being snubbed for a spot on the NFC Pro Bowl roster, made a critical interception to deny the Packers any kind of momentum shifting score before the half. He may be the best safety in the game today.
- Vikings guard, Nick Easton, left the game with an ankle injury. Head coach, Mike Zimmer, confirmed during the post game interview that it was a broken ankle. In all likelihood, it will end his season.
- The Vikings struggled stretching the field in this one. This writer will chalk it up to the weather conditions. That being said, the Vikings did not have one of their better offensive games from a scheme perspective. They will need to address this and adjust if they end up having to go outdoors during the playoffs.
- Closing Takeaways From The Buffalo Bills Final Preseason Game
- Three Takeaways From The Buffalo Bills Commanding Win In Preseason
- Josh Allen Joins The $40 Million Club, And It Makes Complete Sense
- Dear NFL, Don’t Even Think About Moving The Buffalo Bills
- Reminiscing On Colts’ Preseason Predictions
- Chiefs-Raiders Preview: Secure Home Field
- Chiefs Opinion: Eric Berry Can Save Chiefs Defense
- Chiefs-Chargers Recap: Chargers Comeback, Stun Chiefs
- NFL Draft: Players to Watch in Saturday’s Bowl Games
- Chiefs-Ravens Recap: Resilient Rally In OT
- Chiefs-Ravens Preview: Something’s Got To Give
- FPC Buccaneers Round Table: Can Dirk Koetter Save His Job?
- Chiefs Sign Kelvin Benjamin
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Seven-Round 2019 Mock Draft
- Matchup Breakdown: Los Angeles Rams vs Detroit Lions
- Chiefs-Raiders Preview: Get Back On Track
- Chiefs-Rams Recap: Monday Night Madness
- Chiefs-Rams Preview: Game of the Year?
- Chiefs-Cardinals Preview: Take Care of the Birds
- Chiefs-Browns Recap: Cleveland Boys Takedown Browns
- Chiefs-Browns Preview: Take Care of Business
- Chiefs-Broncos Preview: Another Division Rivalry Sweep?
- Chiefs Week 7: Three Up, Two Down
- Three Up, Three Down- Chiefs-Patriots
- Chiefs-49ers Preview: The Home Opener Has Arrived
- Chiefs-Chargers Preview: Turning Out the Bolts
- Chiefs Defensive Backs: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Packers
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Bears
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Falcons
- Chiefs Offensive Line: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Texans
- Chiefs Tight Ends: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Chiefs Wide Receivers: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Chiefs Running Backs: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Chiefs 2018 Breakout Candidates: Defense
- Chiefs 2018 Breakout Candidates: Offense
- 2018 Chiefs Draft Review: KC Addresses the Defense and Needs
- Our Newest Titan: Rashaan Evans
- 2018 Kansas City Chiefs Schedule
- Chiefs Draft Prospect: Parry Nickerson
- Chiefs Draft Prospect: Dorance Armstrong Jr.
- Chiefs Complete More Signings
- Chiefs Officially Release Tamba Hali and Ron Parker
- Chiefs Ink Sammy Watkins and Anthony Hitchens
- NFL Free Agent Tracker (Live Updates)
- Chiefs Free Agent Targets: Backup Quarterback
- NHL Trade Deadline Rumors: Atlantic Looking To Load Up
- Banner: Andy Reid’s Greatest Achievement Isn’t Measured By Victories
- NFL 2022: Football Food For Thought (Conference Championships)
- NFL 2022: Five Key Statistics for Conference Championships
- Chicago Bears: Who Stays And Who Goes? Wide Receivers
Ep 141: Andy Reid, Eagles, And Conference Championship Weekend w/ Joe Bannerby Full Press Coverage on January 27, 2023 at 5:36 pm
Clark and Ira are joined by former Eagles President Joe Banner to talk […]
Ep 140: The 49ers/Cowboys Rivalry With Former San Francisco Tight End Brent Jonesby Full Press Coverage on January 19, 2023 at 9:02 pm
Clark and Ira are joined by former 49ers tight end and three time Super […]
Ep 136: Remembering The Longest Game Ever Played With Larry Littleby Full Press Coverage on December 24, 2022 at 1:09 am
On the 51-year anniversary of the longest game ever played (Chiefs vs. […]
Ep 135: Hall of Fame Semifinalist Jahri Evans Joins The Showby Full Press Coverage on December 16, 2022 at 3:51 pm
Former Saints guard and 2023 HOF Semifinalist Jahri Evans joins Clark and […]
Ep 134: Remember AFL/NFL Star John Hadl with Nick Canepaby Full Press Coverage on December 8, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Former Hall of Fame voter, Nick Canepa, joins Clark and Ira to discuss the […]
Ep 133: Hall Of Fame Semifinalist Henry Ellard Joins The Showby Full Press Coverage on November 30, 2022 at 4:28 pm
Former Rams and Redskins wide receiver, Henry Ellard, joins Clark and Ira […]
Ep 132: Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 2023 Semifinalists w/ Rick Gosselinby Full Press Coverage on November 22, 2022 at 6:15 pm
Clark and Ira are joined by Pro Football Hall of Fame voter Rick Gosselin […]
Ep 131: 'Football Heaven' With PFHOF Senior Advisor Joe Horriganby Full Press Coverage on November 17, 2022 at 5:55 pm
Pro Football Hall of Fame Senior Advisor, Joe Horrigan, joins Clark and […]
Ep 130: Remembering John McVay With Hall of Famer Eddie DeBartolo Jr.by Full Press Coverage on November 13, 2022 at 1:42 am
Clark and Ira are joined by Hall of Fame owner Eddie DeBartolo Jr. to […]
(Season 3.1) Commanders Roundtable w/ Deuce, DH, and DTby Full Press Coverage on January 27, 2023 at 3:56 am
George Carmi hosts Deuce, DH, and DT as they discuss the latest topics of […]
1/27 - Conference Championship Preview: Who is Going To The Super Bowl?by Full Press Coverage on January 27, 2023 at 9:50 am
Ian and John preview Conference Championship Weekend and give their picks […]
1/23 - Divisional Round Recap; Chiefs, Bengals, Eagles, and 49ers Advanceby Full Press Coverage on January 23, 2023 at 2:00 pm
Ian and John recap Divisional Round Weekend in the NFL. Learn more about […]
1/20 - Buccaneers Fire Byron Leftwich, NFL Divisional Round Previewby Full Press Coverage on January 20, 2023 at 10:19 am
Ian and John discuss the firing of Byron Leftwich and whether or not it […]
1/19 - Brady/Gronk Reunion, Aaron Rodgers, NFL News and Notesby Full Press Coverage on January 19, 2023 at 10:14 am
Ian and John discuss the potential of Brady and Ground teaming up in 2023, […]
Boot 2 The Face Episode 210 "No Monè, No Monè, No Monè"by Boot 2 The Face on January 19, 2023 at 12:55 am
Rucker and EJ are back discussing Rucker going to Impacts Hard to Kill […]
1/6 - Damar Hamlin Update, Bills/Bengals, AFC Playoffs, Week 18 Picksby Full Press Coverage on January 6, 2023 at 3:11 pm
Winter Classic: Bruins Rally To Beat Penguins At Fenwayby Full Press Coverage on January 4, 2023 at 2:09 am
1/3 - Bills/Bengals Postponed; Bruins Topple Penguins In Winter Classicby Full Press Coverage on January 4, 2023 at 2:05 am
1/2 - Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Week 17, Bills/Bengalsby Full Press Coverage on January 3, 2023 at 3:22 am
12/30 - New Year's Eve, Luka Doncic, NBA Talk, Week 17 Preview and Picksby Full Press Coverage on January 1, 2023 at 2:29 am
Aaron Rodgers, Packers Win Third Straight; Playoffs In Sightby Full Press Coverage on December 27, 2022 at 7:36 pm