News broke yesterday that Patriots wide receiver, Julian Edelman is facing a four-game suspension due to testing positive for a performance-enhancing drug. Now, nothing is official until the appeal has been heard, a process Edelman is currently going through. However, the veteran wideout has released a statement via his Instagram account.
I am very sorry — I don’t know what happened. I’ve taken many, many tests obviously over the course of my career, and nothing like this has ever happened. I apologize to the Kraft family, my coaches, teammates and fans. As this matter is being appealed, I can’t say anymore, but no matter what, I will be ready to play and pursue another championship with our team and for Patriots fans around the world.
Edelman is currently still recovering from a torn ACL which saw him miss all of 2017 so an additional four weeks to recover isn’t necessarily a bad thing for a 32-year-old receiver. This assumes that the appeal will be denied, as is the case for many PED appeals.
Latest Patriots News
- Patriots 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: RB Jaret Patterson
- NFL Free Agency: Are We Sure The Patriots Can Still Win Over Free Agents?
- Patriots Free Agency: Is James White As Good As Gone?
- Do All Signs Point To Jimmy Garoppolo Reunion?
- A Clare Perspective: The Valentine’s Day Edition – A Tight End Love Triangle
In 2016, Edelman caught 98 passes for 1,106 yards and three touchdowns. He added another 21 receptions and 342 yards and a touchdown in the playoffs en route to the Patriots fifth Super Bowl victory.