With OTA’s now in the rearview mirror, thanks to a couple days off from the fun-loving Bill Belichick, that Patriots attention has turned to a bit of housekeeping. According to Jeff Howe of The Athletic, the team has reached a two-year contract extension with fullback, James Develin.
Develin’s two-year, $3.8M extension is finalized. Includes $600k signing bonus.
— Jeff Howe (@jeffphowe) June 14, 2018
Devlin broke into the league in 2012 with the Patriots, albeit appearing in just one game. It wasn’t until the following year that Develin carved out a more defined role with the team, appearing in all 16 games in 2013. He has managed that feat in every since except in 2015 when he missed the entire year due to an injury.
The Patriots are one of the few teams in recent years to carry a traditional fullback. As evident by his seven career rushing attempts. In fact, Develin is more of a threat in the passing game with 19 career receptions for 161 yards. However, a contract extension has been expected for the 6-foot-3, 255 pound Brown Alum who is nearing his 30th birthday.
Latest Patriots News
- 2018 New England Patriots: Roster Projection 2.0
- Transcript: Bill Belichick Press Conference, August 20, 2018
- Transcript: Rob Gronkowski Press Conference, 8/19/18
- Transcript: Tom Brady Postgame Press Conference
- GAME NOTES: New England Patriots vs. Philadelphia Eagles – August 16, 2018