It’s hard to imagine that a team that has gone to three of the last four Super Bowls (winning two) had to wait until the penultimate episode of this year’s NFL Top 100 show to finally be represented. Not surprisingly, Rob Gronkowski is the one that finally cracked the list for the Patriots, coming in at number 15.
Gronkowski proved once again last year that, when healthy, he is the clear-cut best tight end in football. In 14 games last year, Gronk hauled in 69 passes for 1,084 yards and eight touchdowns. It was the fourth time in his career he surpasses the 1,000 yard receiving mark. The third time in the last four seasons.
Latest From FPC on SportsCastr
Coming in at 15 was an eight spot improvement for Gronkowski as he was the 23rd ranked player in 2017. The Patriots will likely only have one more player on this list when the Top 10 is revealed next Monday. And it is more probable than not that he will occupy the top spot for the second consecutive year. Of course, we are talking about the reigning MVP, Tom Brady—the only player to rank within the Top 5 in every year this list was produced.
Is it football season yet?
Latest Patriots News
- South Beach Beatdown: Patriots throttle Dolphins 43-0
- Week Two Live Blog- Patriots vs. Dolphins
- Top 5 Players to Watch in Miami vs New England
- New England Patriots Game Preview: Defensive Strategy Game Two vs Miami Dolphins
- New England Patriots Game Preview: Offensive Strategy Game Two vs Miami Dolphins