It’s hard to imagine that a team that has gone to three of the last four Super Bowls (winning two) had to wait until the penultimate episode of this year’s NFL Top 100 show to finally be represented. Not surprisingly, Rob Gronkowski is the one that finally cracked the list for the Patriots, coming in at number 15.
Gronkowski proved once again last year that, when healthy, he is the clear-cut best tight end in football. In 14 games last year, Gronk hauled in 69 passes for 1,084 yards and eight touchdowns. It was the fourth time in his career he surpasses the 1,000 yard receiving mark. The third time in the last four seasons.
Coming in at 15 was an eight spot improvement for Gronkowski as he was the 23rd ranked player in 2017. The Patriots will likely only have one more player on this list when the Top 10 is revealed next Monday. And it is more probable than not that he will occupy the top spot for the second consecutive year. Of course, we are talking about the reigning MVP, Tom Brady—the only player to rank within the Top 5 in every year this list was produced.
Is it football season yet?
Latest Patriots News
- Patriots 2021 NFL Draft Prospect: RB Jaret Patterson
- NFL Free Agency: Are We Sure The Patriots Can Still Win Over Free Agents?
- Patriots Free Agency: Is James White As Good As Gone?
- Do All Signs Point To Jimmy Garoppolo Reunion?
- A Clare Perspective: The Valentine’s Day Edition – A Tight End Love Triangle