With organized team activities and mandatory minicamp in the rearview mirror, we have officially entered the “dead period” of the offseason. No worries, though, there is still plenty going on with the Lions. Let’s recap the events of the past week or so, shall we?
- Bob Quinn and The Detroit Lions have added a new member to the personnel staff. Jimmy Raye III, a highly coveted NFL executive, has been hired as a Senior Personnel Executive. Raye enters his 24th season in the NFL in 2018. You can read his bio on the Lions’ official site.
- Want to know more about Raye? Jeff Risdon at The Lions Wire has you covered.
- Disrespect season: Matthew Stafford was ranked sixth out of 10 in USA Today Draft Wire’s rankings of the last 10 No. 1 overall picks. Also, Madden 19 ratings were recently leaked, and Stafford was rated as just an 83 overall by EA Sports.
- However, there is also some positive news about Stafford. He has one of the highest-selling jerseys in the NFL, as he ranks top-15 in the league.
- Newly-signed linebacker Devon Kennard draws inspiration from his dad’s long NFL career, which gives him something to “strive to.”
- The Lions have put an emphasis on building a running game for the 2018 season. How have they done it? Mike O’Hara of Lions.com answers that question.
- Undrafted free agent Teo Redding has had an impressive offseason. Can he build off of it?
- NFL.com’s Gil Brandt thinks second-year linebacker Jarrad Davis could earn his first Pro Bowl nod in 2018.
- Lions.com senior writer Tim Twentyman has a list of five Lions who could break out this season.
- Did you miss Matthew Stafford (No. 31) or Darius Slay (No. 49) on the NFL Top 100? We have you covered here at FPC Lions.
- Lions rookie offensive lineman Tyrell Crosby has a legendary cutman in his corner.
- New Detroit Lions head coach Matt Patricia is bringing a new intensity and mentality to the team.
- Not everyone is a fan of Patricia’s intensity. Free Press reporter Carlos Monarrez was ridiculed for his claim that Patricia’s new tactics could be losing the team.
- The Lions were reportedly interested in trading for New England Patriots All-Pro tight end Rob Gronkowski.
- The Detroit offensive line was not an efficient group in pass protection in 2017. According to Pro Football Focus, the team ranked 27th in the NFL.
- Age is just a number: Two Detroit Lions were listed on CBS Sports’ Top 30 Over 30 List: Matthew Stafford and Glover Quin.
OK, now that we’ve given you a one-shop stop to keep up with all things Lions over the past seven days or so, we hope you find this information enlightening.