That’s the only word that comes to mind when describing the Chargers 10 point loss to the Chiefs in the “home” opener. Whether it was the special teams failing to not lose the game, or the defense not being able to get off the field, Los Angeles could not have looked more discombobulated. Here’s a recap of some key moments that are inexcusable mistakes, and ultimately led to the Chargers demise.
Latest From FPC on SportsCastr
- Tyreek Hill’s 91-yard punt return for a touchdown just two minutes into the game.
- Tyreek Hill’s 51-yard touchdown reception midway through the first quarter.
- Early second half, Melvin Ingram’s defensive offsides on third down which later resulted in a Chiefs touchdown.
- Right when the Chargers begin to gain momentum, JJ Jones fumbling the ball not once, but twice on a punt return, resulting in the Chiefs recovering it on the Chargers two-yard line and scoring a touchdown.
- Caleb Sturgis missing a 48-yard field goal which would have made it a one-score game, draining any hope the Chargers had left.
I know what you’re thinking, what about the dropped passes? There were so many dropped passes, I didn’t even want to include them in the moments. Altogether, the Chargers receivers dropped seven or eight passes, and three of them would have been sure-fire touchdowns. A heart-breaking stat, this Chargers game can be summed up in two words, unforced errors.
- Melvin Gordon and Austin Ekeler looked fantastic. Combining for nearly 300 total yards, the backfield tandem was one of the few lights in the Chargers crushing defeat.
– Travis Baker is a Staff Writer for Full Press Coverage Sports Media. He covers the Los Angeles Chargers. Follow him on Twitter @SportsFollower0
Ep 37: Conversation with Bruins' Legend Johnny Bucykby Full Press Coverage on May 21, 2020 at 4:24 pm
"The Chief" Johnny Bucyk joins Ian and Chris to talk Bruins hockey, Gordie […]
Ep 34: Bruins Tough Guys; NHL Return to Four Cities; Quarantine Activitiesby Full Press Coverage on April 25, 2020 at 4:53 pm
After a few weeks off, Ian and Chris return to the Big Bad Bruins studios […]