Julien BriseBois is in, and Steve Yzerman is out as general manager of the Tamp Bay Lightning.
Yzerman informed Tampa Bay players on Tuesday that he’s stepping aside as GM. Yzerman, 53, plans to stay with the team as an advisor.
A star player with the Detroit Red Wings, Yzerman entered the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2009 and became Lightning general manager a year later.
BriseBois, 41, won the Calder Cup as a player and is seen as a rising executive in the NHL.
Roger Dier is managing editor of National Hockey League content at Fullpresscoverage.com (FPC). He also helps cover the Minnesota Vikings for FPC. Follow him on Twitter @RogerDier.
- Bruins Spotlight: News and Notes Ahead of Western Canadian Roadtrip
- Nashville Closes Homestand with a Win
- Senators Shoot Past Stars in 4-1 Win
- Auston Matthews Joins an Exclusive Group in Win Over the Kings
- Dallas Stars Juggle Lines, Beat Anaheim 5-3