Julien BriseBois is in, and Steve Yzerman is out as general manager of the Tamp Bay Lightning.
Yzerman informed Tampa Bay players on Tuesday that he’s stepping aside as GM. Yzerman, 53, plans to stay with the team as an advisor.
A star player with the Detroit Red Wings, Yzerman entered the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2009 and became Lightning general manager a year later.
BriseBois, 41, won the Calder Cup as a player and is seen as a rising executive in the NHL.
Roger Dier is managing editor of National Hockey League content at Fullpresscoverage.com (FPC). He also helps cover the Minnesota Vikings for FPC. Follow him on Twitter @RogerDier.
- Maple Leafs’ Game Of Roster Roulette Continues
- Doing it for Dad: COVID Tragedy Added Fuel for Keegan Kolesar
- A Few Quick Thoughts On Doc Emrick
- Laine Speculation Features Prominently In Latest NHL Rumor Roundup
- Top Three NHL Prospects on Each Team In the Metro Division