Julien BriseBois is in, and Steve Yzerman is out as general manager of the Tamp Bay Lightning.
Yzerman informed Tampa Bay players on Tuesday that he’s stepping aside as GM. Yzerman, 53, plans to stay with the team as an advisor.
A star player with the Detroit Red Wings, Yzerman entered the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2009 and became Lightning general manager a year later.
BriseBois, 41, won the Calder Cup as a player and is seen as a rising executive in the NHL.
Latest From FPC on SportsCastr
Roger Dier is managing editor of National Hockey League content at Fullpresscoverage.com (FPC). He also helps cover the Minnesota Vikings for FPC. Follow him on Twitter @RogerDier.
- As Injuries Mount for the Sabres, Another Move Needs to Happen
- Bruins Lose Another One In OT
- It’s Time for the Sabres to Make a Move
- Captain Jack: Where Are You?
- Things We Know This Week: Captain Jack’s Streak Hits 16