The Boston Bruins finished the regular season second in the Atlantic division. They were only a point short of being at the top, at 112. After winning a thrilling seven-game series against Toronto, they were beat by the Tampa Bay Lighting in five.
The Bruins didn’t need to make any major signings this summer. However, they still made some moves to build on their depth. Captain Zdeno Chara signed a one-year contract at $5 million.
What to Expect
The Bruins are one of the best teams in the NHL, let alone the Atlantic division. However, losing both of the Nash boys and not adding any major pieces might hurt. Fortunately, their young returning players will only get better.
Ultimately, the thing that will keep the Bruins from another deep playoff run will be fellow titans in the Lightning and Maple Leafs. The Bolts were able to re-sign big names this summer. Additionally, John Tavares joining the Leafs will make them an even taller hurdle for playoff hopefuls.
Most likely, the Bruins will be a playoff team again this year. A third seed spot for the leagues most top-heavy division is likely. However, the Bruins chances of making a deep playoff run are strong.
Coming Tuesday: Florida Panthers Preview
Clay Goupil covers the Tampa Bay Lightning and Atlantic Division for Full Press Coverage.
- Belleville Senator Angus Crookshank Paving the Road to Success
- Jets Coach, Players Preach Importance of Mental Health Awareness
- “We Count Our Blessings Every Day” – Paul Stastny Thankful Amid Pandemic
- Tragic Numbers And Some Flyers’ Expansion Draft Possibilities
- Jeremy Swayman’s Star Turn For Bruins Giving Michaud ‘Proud Uncle Moment’