The Los Angeles Kings placed fourth in the Pacific Division with a 45-29-8 record and 98 overall points. The Kings were eliminated swiftly from last year’s playoffs by the Vegas Golden Knights in the first round.
Goaltender Jonathan Quick played phenomenally, as he posted a .947 save percentage. His performance was overlooked due to an unimpressive offensive display. The Kings scored a grand total of three goals in the Vegas series. Nobody found any offensive rhythm and facing Vegas goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury proved to be too great of a challenge.
One of the faces of the Kings’ franchise re-signed for eight more years. Drew Doughty (cover photo) is coming back to the City of Angels. The 28-year-old defenseman racked up 60 points last year, and will likely repeat his production this year.
The Kings pulled Ilya Kovalchuk out of retirement. He last played with the New Jersey Devils in 2013, and scored 31 points in 37 games. Despite a five-year leave of absence, Kovalchuk scored 417 goals in twelve seasons with the Devils. He will be an interesting player to watch this year.
Latest From FPC on SportsCastr
What To Expect:
The Kings are an aging team, yet aren’t out of contention by any means. Center Anze Kopitar, 31, remains one of the most prominent scorers in the league. Right wing Dustin Brown, 33, rebounded last year with 61 points.
Center Jeff Carter’s season was plagued by an ankle injury. However, in his 27 games, he found the back of the net 13 times. If he stays healthy, the Kings have a better chance of challenging the younger teams in the Pacific Division, and returning to the playoffs.
Will age eventually catch up with Los Angeles? Possibly, but it won’t be this year. They can still compete, and they have proven reliable talent to fall back on. If everyone stays healthy, the Kings will be back in the playoffs.
Photo Credit: NHL.com —Jack Woods covers the Nashville Predators and the Central Division for Fullpresscoverage.com. You can follow Jack on Twitter @jack_woods15.
- Reminiscing On Colts’ Preseason Predictions
- Chiefs-Raiders Preview: Secure Home Field
- Chiefs Opinion: Eric Berry Can Save Chiefs Defense
- Chiefs-Chargers Recap: Chargers Comeback, Stun Chiefs
- NFL Draft: Players to Watch in Saturday’s Bowl Games
- Chiefs-Ravens Recap: Resilient Rally In OT
- Chiefs-Ravens Preview: Something’s Got To Give
- FPC Buccaneers Round Table: Can Dirk Koetter Save His Job?
- Chiefs Sign Kelvin Benjamin
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Seven-Round 2019 Mock Draft
- Matchup Breakdown: Los Angeles Rams vs Detroit Lions
- Chiefs-Raiders Preview: Get Back On Track
- Chiefs-Rams Recap: Monday Night Madness
- Chiefs-Rams Preview: Game of the Year?
- Chiefs-Cardinals Preview: Take Care of the Birds
- Chiefs-Browns Recap: Cleveland Boys Takedown Browns
- Chiefs-Browns Preview: Take Care of Business
- Chiefs-Broncos Preview: Another Division Rivalry Sweep?
- Chiefs Week 7: Three Up, Two Down
- Three Up, Three Down- Chiefs-Patriots
- Chiefs-49ers Preview: The Home Opener Has Arrived
- Chiefs-Chargers Preview: Turning Out the Bolts
- Chiefs Defensive Backs: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Packers
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Bears
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Falcons
- Chiefs Offensive Line: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Texans
- Chiefs Tight Ends: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Chiefs Wide Receivers: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Chiefs Running Backs: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Chiefs 2018 Breakout Candidates: Defense
- Chiefs 2018 Breakout Candidates: Offense
- 2018 Chiefs Draft Review: KC Addresses the Defense and Needs
- Our Newest Titan: Rashaan Evans
- 2018 Kansas City Chiefs Schedule
- Chiefs Draft Prospect: Parry Nickerson
- Chiefs Draft Prospect: Dorance Armstrong Jr.
- Chiefs Complete More Signings
- Chiefs Officially Release Tamba Hali and Ron Parker
- Chiefs Ink Sammy Watkins and Anthony Hitchens
- NFL Free Agent Tracker (Live Updates)
- Chiefs Free Agent Targets: Backup Quarterback
- Flames Seek To Ground Jets
- NHL Playoff Game Day Notebook: Leafs vs. Blue Jackets – Game 3
- Five Cleveland Browns Players Opt-Out of 2020 Season
- Tre’Davious White Does Not Opt Out, Will Play This Season
- Barys Forced To Find A New Home
Ep 39: Bruins' Legend Gerry Cheevers Joins the Showby Full Press Coverage on June 6, 2020 at 3:18 pm
Ian and Chris are joined by two-time Stanley Cup winning Bruins goaltender […]
Ep 37: Conversation with Bruins' Legend Johnny Bucykby Full Press Coverage on May 21, 2020 at 4:24 pm
"The Chief" Johnny Bucyk joins Ian and Chris to talk Bruins hockey, Gordie […]