The Arizona Coyotes went 29-41-12 last season which was good for 70 points. That record landed the Coyotes in last place in the Pacific Division. Their point total matched their previous campaign in 2016-17.
- Notable additions: Alex Galchenyuk, Vinnie Hinostroza, Jordan Oesterle, Michael Grabner.
- Notable subtractions: Max Domi, Jordan Martinook, Luke Schenn.
The most noteworthy additions here are Alex Galchenyuk (traded one-for-one for Max Domi) and Michael Grabner. Galchenyuk is going to be interesting because he never materialized for the Canadiens. Galchenyuk shows potential as a good NHL player but it has yet to happen. Grabner was a sneaky good addition to the Coyotes young core. He has speed and should fit right in with an uptempo style.
As far as returning stars go, on the front end they have forwards Derek Stepan, Richard Panik and Clayton Keller coming back. Meanwhile Alex Goligoski and Oliver Ekman-Larsson (cover photo) come back to lead the defense this season.
When it comes to a breakout bet, it is hard not to think that Alex Galchenyuk will finally come around and do something. He has yet to have that breakout season. Even worse is that he played for a hockey-crazy city like Montreal. There is less pressure in Arizona so Galchenyuk might flourish in a breakout year.
What to Expect
The Coyotes are a little far off from where the rest of the division is now (minus the Canucks), so I don’t see them making as big of a push as the Flames or Oilers for a playoff spot. However, I do think they will be a respectable and hard-working team. I predict they will be in the 80-to-83 points range. They just do not have the same depth as other teams in the division. And their goaltending tandem of Antti Raanta and Darcy Kuemper doesn’t sit well with me either; I am not sold on either of those goalies yet.
Cover Photo: NHL.com -Kevin Gesterling covers the Pacific Division in the NHL’s Western
Conference for Full Press Coverage. You can reach him on Twitter @kgesterling1_FPC.
- Reminiscing On Colts’ Preseason Predictions
- Chiefs-Raiders Preview: Secure Home Field
- Chiefs Opinion: Eric Berry Can Save Chiefs Defense
- Chiefs-Chargers Recap: Chargers Comeback, Stun Chiefs
- NFL Draft: Players to Watch in Saturday’s Bowl Games
- Chiefs-Ravens Recap: Resilient Rally In OT
- Chiefs-Ravens Preview: Something’s Got To Give
- FPC Buccaneers Round Table: Can Dirk Koetter Save His Job?
- Chiefs Sign Kelvin Benjamin
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Seven-Round 2019 Mock Draft
- Matchup Breakdown: Los Angeles Rams vs Detroit Lions
- Chiefs-Raiders Preview: Get Back On Track
- Chiefs-Rams Recap: Monday Night Madness
- Chiefs-Rams Preview: Game of the Year?
- Chiefs-Cardinals Preview: Take Care of the Birds
- Chiefs-Browns Recap: Cleveland Boys Takedown Browns
- Chiefs-Browns Preview: Take Care of Business
- Chiefs-Broncos Preview: Another Division Rivalry Sweep?
- Chiefs Week 7: Three Up, Two Down
- Three Up, Three Down- Chiefs-Patriots
- Chiefs-49ers Preview: The Home Opener Has Arrived
- Chiefs-Chargers Preview: Turning Out the Bolts
- Chiefs Defensive Backs: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Packers
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Bears
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Falcons
- Chiefs Offensive Line: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Texans
- Chiefs Tight Ends: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Chiefs Wide Receivers: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Chiefs Running Backs: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Chiefs 2018 Breakout Candidates: Defense
- Chiefs 2018 Breakout Candidates: Offense
- 2018 Chiefs Draft Review: KC Addresses the Defense and Needs
- Our Newest Titan: Rashaan Evans
- 2018 Kansas City Chiefs Schedule
- Chiefs Draft Prospect: Parry Nickerson
- Chiefs Draft Prospect: Dorance Armstrong Jr.
- Chiefs Complete More Signings
- Chiefs Officially Release Tamba Hali and Ron Parker
- Chiefs Ink Sammy Watkins and Anthony Hitchens
- NFL Free Agent Tracker (Live Updates)
- Chiefs Free Agent Targets: Backup Quarterback
- Chicago Bears: Team Makes First Move To Add Salary Cap Space
- How Can You Not “Love The Drake?”
- Giants Free-Agency Targets: CB Ronald Darby
- Raiders Opinion: Focusing on the Wrong
- WWE Raw Results, Grades & Opinion: March 1, 2021