The New Jersey Devils had a relatively successful season last season despite being knocked out in the first round of playoffs by the Tampa Bay Lightning. It was the the Devils’ first return to the playoffs since the 2011-2012 season. The Devils locked up the second wild card spot after going 44-29-9 with 97 points.
Taylor Hall (cover photo) is easily the most impressive player on New Jersey’s roster. Hall had 93 points (39g-54a) in 78 games last year. Finishing second in team scoring was rookie, Nico Hischier, who had 52 points (20g-32a) in 82 games.
Latest From FPC on SportsCastr
What to Expect:
The Devils look to return to the playoffs. The Devils have balance–many of the the current players on the team have an average amount of points–but other than Hall, the Devils are shy in star power. New Jersey should return to the playoffs, but put against teams like the Penguins, Capitals, Lightning or Maple Leafs, the Devils may not match up well star-for-star. New Jersey may perform better than last season (and finish ahead of the Flyers and Blue Jackets), but seriously competing for the Stanley Cup in unrealistic this season.
Cover Photo Credit: Ed Mulholland-USA TODAY Sports Zachary Herr covers the National Hockey League for Full Press Coverage.
- Reminiscing On Colts’ Preseason Predictions
- Chiefs-Raiders Preview: Secure Home Field
- Chiefs Opinion: Eric Berry Can Save Chiefs Defense
- Chiefs-Chargers Recap: Chargers Comeback, Stun Chiefs
- NFL Draft: Players to Watch in Saturday’s Bowl Games
- Chiefs-Ravens Recap: Resilient Rally In OT
- Chiefs-Ravens Preview: Something’s Got To Give
- FPC Buccaneers Round Table: Can Dirk Koetter Save His Job?
- Chiefs Sign Kelvin Benjamin
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Seven-Round 2019 Mock Draft
- Matchup Breakdown: Los Angeles Rams vs Detroit Lions
- Chiefs-Raiders Preview: Get Back On Track
- Chiefs-Rams Recap: Monday Night Madness
- Chiefs-Rams Preview: Game of the Year?
- Chiefs-Cardinals Preview: Take Care of the Birds
- Chiefs-Browns Recap: Cleveland Boys Takedown Browns
- Chiefs-Browns Preview: Take Care of Business
- Chiefs-Broncos Preview: Another Division Rivalry Sweep?
- Chiefs Week 7: Three Up, Two Down
- Three Up, Three Down- Chiefs-Patriots
- Chiefs-49ers Preview: The Home Opener Has Arrived
- Chiefs-Chargers Preview: Turning Out the Bolts
- Chiefs Defensive Backs: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Packers
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Bears
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Falcons
- Chiefs Offensive Line: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Texans
- Chiefs Tight Ends: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Chiefs Wide Receivers: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Chiefs Running Backs: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Chiefs 2018 Breakout Candidates: Defense
- Chiefs 2018 Breakout Candidates: Offense
- 2018 Chiefs Draft Review: KC Addresses the Defense and Needs
- Our Newest Titan: Rashaan Evans
- 2018 Kansas City Chiefs Schedule
- Chiefs Draft Prospect: Parry Nickerson
- Chiefs Draft Prospect: Dorance Armstrong Jr.
- Chiefs Complete More Signings
- Chiefs Officially Release Tamba Hali and Ron Parker
- Chiefs Ink Sammy Watkins and Anthony Hitchens
- NFL Free Agent Tracker (Live Updates)
- Chiefs Free Agent Targets: Backup Quarterback
- Perspective | Ryan Zimmerman’s White House Comments Continue to be Out of Touch
- Greatest Goal Scoring Seasons (EAGGR)
- Two Assets Cornerback Luq Barcoo Brings To Jacksonville
- Who Is The GOAT Among GOATs?
- Crossbody of Work Episode 16: “Mr. Perfect” Curt Hennig
Ep 37: Conversation with Bruins' Legend Johnny Bucykby Full Press Coverage on May 21, 2020 at 4:24 pm
"The Chief" Johnny Bucyk joins Ian and Chris to talk Bruins hockey, Gordie […]
Ep 34: Bruins Tough Guys; NHL Return to Four Cities; Quarantine Activitiesby Full Press Coverage on April 25, 2020 at 4:53 pm
After a few weeks off, Ian and Chris return to the Big Bad Bruins studios […]