The New Jersey Devils had a relatively successful season last season despite being knocked out in the first round of playoffs by the Tampa Bay Lightning. It was the the Devils’ first return to the playoffs since the 2011-2012 season. The Devils locked up the second wild card spot after going 44-29-9 with 97 points.
Taylor Hall (cover photo) is easily the most impressive player on New Jersey’s roster. Hall had 93 points (39g-54a) in 78 games last year. Finishing second in team scoring was rookie, Nico Hischier, who had 52 points (20g-32a) in 82 games.
What to Expect:
The Devils look to return to the playoffs. The Devils have balance–many of the the current players on the team have an average amount of points–but other than Hall, the Devils are shy in star power. New Jersey should return to the playoffs, but put against teams like the Penguins, Capitals, Lightning or Maple Leafs, the Devils may not match up well star-for-star. New Jersey may perform better than last season (and finish ahead of the Flyers and Blue Jackets), but seriously competing for the Stanley Cup in unrealistic this season.
Cover Photo Credit: Ed Mulholland-USA TODAY Sports Zachary Herr covers the National Hockey League for Full Press Coverage.
- Chiefs-49ers Preview: The Home Opener Has Arrived
- Chiefs-Chargers Preview: Turning Out the Bolts
- Chiefs Defensive Backs: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Packers
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Bears
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Falcons
- Chiefs Offensive Line: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Texans
- Chiefs Tight Ends: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Chiefs Wide Receivers: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Chiefs Running Backs: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Chiefs 2018 Breakout Candidates: Defense
- Chiefs 2018 Breakout Candidates: Offense
- 2018 Chiefs Draft Review: KC Addresses the Defense and Needs
- Our Newest Titan: Rashaan Evans
- 2018 Kansas City Chiefs Schedule
- Chiefs Draft Prospect: Parry Nickerson
- Chiefs Draft Prospect: Dorance Armstrong Jr.
- Chiefs Complete More Signings
- Chiefs Officially Release Tamba Hali and Ron Parker
- Chiefs Ink Sammy Watkins and Anthony Hitchens
- NFL Free Agent Tracker (Live Updates)
- Chiefs Free Agent Targets: Backup Quarterback
- Can The MLB Give Us The Ending We Deserve?
- Redskins Release Veteran Ziggy Hood
- Dissecting Arizona’s Loss to the Vikings
- Giants waive cornerback Donte Deayon, promote Eligwe, Haley to 53-man roster
- Bruins Spotlight: News and Notes Ahead of Western Canadian Roadtrip