The Nashville Predators downed the New York Rangers 3-2 last night in Madison Square Garden.
Nashville Key Stats:
New York Key Stats:
A very-fast paced game, Nashville and New York swapped momentum throughout the contest. Much of the action was end-to-end and many scoring chances were squandered by excellent goal-tending.
Early in the second period, forward Filip Forsberg opened up the festivities with a wristshot that beat Lundqvist blocker side. Fast responded with a chip-in goal in front of Rinne later in the period. P.K. Subban slapped one by Lundqvist in the third period, and Colton Sissons buried an empty-netter with less than two minutes left in the third period. A Pavel Buchnevich tip-in was too little too late as Nashville sealed their first victory of the year.
Forward Craig Smith is already fighting for another good year; he drove the second line and took six shots, the most out of the Predators. Leading the Rangers, defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk put seven shots on goal.
Latest From FPC on SportsCastr
Head Coach Peter Laviolette said, “It’s time to make a case he (Gaudreau) belongs here on a full-time basis.” Rinaldo adds a speed factor to the Predators lineup, but Gaudreau will need to see more time on the ice in the upcoming games.
The fourth line hasn’t been solidified, with Hartman, Rinaldo, Gaudreau, and right wing Miikka Salomaki all fighting for a place. When forward Austin Watson returns from suspension, tough decisions will be made.
Also, Filip Forsberg is really good at hockey. But we already knew that.
The Predators come away with 2 points, and will face the New York Islanders on Saturday, while the Rangers will travel to Buffalo empty-handed to face the Sabres.
Cover Photo Credit: Bruce Bennett/Getty Images -Jack Woods covers the Nashville Predators and the Central Division for Fullpresscoverage.com. You can follow Jack on Twitter @jack_woods15.
- Reminiscing On Colts’ Preseason Predictions
- Chiefs-Raiders Preview: Secure Home Field
- Chiefs Opinion: Eric Berry Can Save Chiefs Defense
- Chiefs-Chargers Recap: Chargers Comeback, Stun Chiefs
- NFL Draft: Players to Watch in Saturday’s Bowl Games
- Chiefs-Ravens Recap: Resilient Rally In OT
- Chiefs-Ravens Preview: Something’s Got To Give
- FPC Buccaneers Round Table: Can Dirk Koetter Save His Job?
- Chiefs Sign Kelvin Benjamin
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Seven-Round 2019 Mock Draft
- Matchup Breakdown: Los Angeles Rams vs Detroit Lions
- Chiefs-Raiders Preview: Get Back On Track
- Chiefs-Rams Recap: Monday Night Madness
- Chiefs-Rams Preview: Game of the Year?
- Chiefs-Cardinals Preview: Take Care of the Birds
- Chiefs-Browns Recap: Cleveland Boys Takedown Browns
- Chiefs-Browns Preview: Take Care of Business
- Chiefs-Broncos Preview: Another Division Rivalry Sweep?
- Chiefs Week 7: Three Up, Two Down
- Three Up, Three Down- Chiefs-Patriots
- Chiefs-49ers Preview: The Home Opener Has Arrived
- Chiefs-Chargers Preview: Turning Out the Bolts
- Chiefs Defensive Backs: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Packers
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Bears
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Falcons
- Chiefs Offensive Line: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Texans
- Chiefs Tight Ends: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Chiefs Wide Receivers: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Chiefs Running Backs: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Chiefs 2018 Breakout Candidates: Defense
- Chiefs 2018 Breakout Candidates: Offense
- 2018 Chiefs Draft Review: KC Addresses the Defense and Needs
- Our Newest Titan: Rashaan Evans
- 2018 Kansas City Chiefs Schedule
- Chiefs Draft Prospect: Parry Nickerson
- Chiefs Draft Prospect: Dorance Armstrong Jr.
- Chiefs Complete More Signings
- Chiefs Officially Release Tamba Hali and Ron Parker
- Chiefs Ink Sammy Watkins and Anthony Hitchens
- NFL Free Agent Tracker (Live Updates)
- Chiefs Free Agent Targets: Backup Quarterback
- Redskins New Stadium in Prince William County? Worst. Idea. Ever.
- Packers Off-Season Priorities
- Defenders Look to Tame Wildcats
- Crossbody of Work Episode 2: Dusty Rhodes
- Chad Reuter’s mock has Browns trading down