The Minnesota Timberwolves have finally traded Jimmy Butler. They moved him and Justin Patton to the 76ers for Robert Covington, Dario Saric, and a 2022 second round pick.
— Full Press NBA (@FPC_NBA) November 10, 2018
Butler has been disgruntled over the last few months and finally gets his wish: a trade from Minnesota. The 76ers in adding Butler add another top 10 player to their roster in their effort to challenge Boston and Toronto in the East. Butler and the 76ers intend to sign a long-term deal in the summer.
- Bucks Look to Join Celtics in the Second Round
- Spurs Season In Review: By The Months
- Importance of the Stretch four, Win streak, how to continue success
- Five Asian Basketball Players That Nearly Made the Grade in the NBA
- Spurs Bounce Back After Terrible Road Trip
The Timberwolves wanted to get something for Butler before he inevitably left in free agency. Covington and Saric are both solid role players who will make an impact next to Karl-Anthony Towns.
Ben Pfeifer is the Managing Editor of the Colts for Full Press Coverage, the AFC South Division Editor, and head NBA editor. Want to continue the discussion? Contact Ben Pfeifer on Twitter @Ben_Pfeifer_, @FPC_NBA and @FPC_Colts.