The Colts made it five in the win column in a row this past weekend after squeaking past the now 5-6 Dolphins. After a horrible first three quarters the Colts woke up in the fourth quarter with a final score of 27-24 after Adam Vinatieri hits the game winner.
Rookie running back Jordan Wilkins had a decent receiving game as he had three receptions for 32 yards, but on one of his receptions while fighting for yards, Wilkins coughed up the ball giving the Dolphins great field positioning and more points on the board. Wilkins is the third string back and doesn’t get many carries or receptions to begin with. After the fumble, you can’t see Wilkins being more than a special teamer and a select rusher when Marlon Mack or Nyheim Hines are injured. That being said, this week Marlon Mack may not be able to play this week in Jacksonville which promotes Nyheim Hines to the starter and Wilkins to the rotational guy. Wilkins needs to show that he can be more than a special teamer this week and completely change the way he played from last week.
Ryan Grant was signed this past offseason from the Redskins and simply put, hasn’t been productive. This past week he had only a single reception for a messily three yards. Grant was signed and expected to be the number two behind Hilton but has preformed horribly as a number two. Although Grant’s catching has been great, he hasn’t been thrown at enough to have a bad drop ratio. Both Wilkins and Grant have had decent expectations after coming from college and the Redskins respectively, but still have a lot to prove.
Latest From FPC on SportsCastr
Pierre Desir has silently been great not allowing many catches over the past couple of weeks, well this past week he got embarrassed after a horribly timed jump on a deep ball to a Dolphin tight end. The pass thrown by Ryan Tannehill could have easily been picked off preventing the seven points scored after the end of the embarrassing catch. Sadly Desir is going to have a close eye on him in the coming weeks after the resurgence of second year player Quincy Wilson.
- Reminiscing On Colts’ Preseason Predictions
- Chiefs-Raiders Preview: Secure Home Field
- Chiefs Opinion: Eric Berry Can Save Chiefs Defense
- Chiefs-Chargers Recap: Chargers Comeback, Stun Chiefs
- NFL Draft: Players to Watch in Saturday’s Bowl Games
- Chiefs-Ravens Recap: Resilient Rally In OT
- Chiefs-Ravens Preview: Something’s Got To Give
- FPC Buccaneers Round Table: Can Dirk Koetter Save His Job?
- Chiefs Sign Kelvin Benjamin
- Jacksonville Jaguars: Seven-Round 2019 Mock Draft
- Matchup Breakdown: Los Angeles Rams vs Detroit Lions
- Chiefs-Raiders Preview: Get Back On Track
- Chiefs-Rams Recap: Monday Night Madness
- Chiefs-Rams Preview: Game of the Year?
- Chiefs-Cardinals Preview: Take Care of the Birds
- Chiefs-Browns Recap: Cleveland Boys Takedown Browns
- Chiefs-Browns Preview: Take Care of Business
- Chiefs-Broncos Preview: Another Division Rivalry Sweep?
- Chiefs Week 7: Three Up, Two Down
- Three Up, Three Down- Chiefs-Patriots
- Chiefs-49ers Preview: The Home Opener Has Arrived
- Chiefs-Chargers Preview: Turning Out the Bolts
- Chiefs Defensive Backs: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Packers
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Bears
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Falcons
- Chiefs Offensive Line: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Three Things to Watch For: Chiefs vs Texans
- Chiefs Tight Ends: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Chiefs Wide Receivers: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Chiefs Running Backs: Projected 53 Man Roster
- Chiefs 2018 Breakout Candidates: Defense
- Chiefs 2018 Breakout Candidates: Offense
- 2018 Chiefs Draft Review: KC Addresses the Defense and Needs
- Our Newest Titan: Rashaan Evans
- 2018 Kansas City Chiefs Schedule
- Chiefs Draft Prospect: Parry Nickerson
- Chiefs Draft Prospect: Dorance Armstrong Jr.
- Chiefs Complete More Signings
- Chiefs Officially Release Tamba Hali and Ron Parker
- Chiefs Ink Sammy Watkins and Anthony Hitchens
- NFL Free Agent Tracker (Live Updates)
- Chiefs Free Agent Targets: Backup Quarterback
- Giants vs. 49ers: Preview and Prediction
- NHL Buyout Options: Western Conference
- 2020 Week Three Patriots Opponent Profile: Raiders QB Derek Carr
- Thursday Night Football Odds: Jags Carry Momentum into Week 3 Date with Winless Dolphins
- A Clare Perspective: Is the Tight End position Actually Overrated?
Andrew Luck had another three touchdown week making it eight games in a row he does such a thing. Luck added to his MVP argument even more by ending the day with 30 completions in 37 attempts, two interceptions, and three touchdowns. Luck also channeled his inner wide receiver again after catching a four yard pass for a first down and what led to a touchdown. Not only has Luck already earned the ‘Comeback Player of the Year’ award but he continues to add to his ‘MVP’ resume as he looks to lead the Colts to the playoffs.
Star wide receiver T.Y. Hilton had back to back outstanding weeks. This week he had a total of 125 yards in just seven catches. Hilton, after missing two games this season has silently racked up 700+ yards, 40+ receptions, and six touchdowns.
The final stud for this week is linebacker Anthony Walker who no one expected to play as good as he is let alone be a starter entering the 2018 season. This past week against the Dolphins Walker racked up a total nine tackles, two tackles for loss, and a pass deflection. Walker has been a stud at the middle linebacker spot especially because he was a 2017 5th round pick. Walker and Leonard could have an argument for one of the top five linebacker duos in the league especially because of their youth and in-expense.