The Johnson County District Attorney Steve Howe has just provided an update on the investigation involving Chiefs wide receiver Tyreek Hill.
Authorities announced they were investigating two reports involving a child in Hill’s home about a month ago. Howe says neither Hill nor his fiancée Crystal Espinal will face charges. However, Howe says they believe a crime has occurred but the evidence cannot conclusively determine who committed the crime.
Latest Chiefs News
- 2021 Chiefs Draft Prospect: Teven Jenkins
- This Or That: Draft Wide Receiver Round 1 Or Later?
- 2021 Chiefs Draft Prospect: Kadarius Toney
- This Or That: Eric Fisher Or Mitchell Schwartz?
- Staying Or Going: Chiefs 2021 Pending Free Agents
The three year old son is described by Howe as “safe”, but he declined to confirm if the child has been removed from the home. Also, the Department of Children case is still ongoing, but police have concluded their investigation.
The biggest thing Howe emphasized is this. He would rather let a guilty person go free than prosecute an innocent person. He also mentioned the NFL has contacted them, but he hasn’t responded. The NFL is held to the same standard as the media with asking for records. Because the case involves a child, Howe says it will likely be sealed.
With that said, will Hill receive a suspension from the NFL? Whether he does or not, the talks of Kansas City signing Hill to a mega contract extension may have likely completely fizzled out. The biggest thing is, this is bigger than football and the child is the one who needs to be safe.
– Braden Holecek is the Kansas City Chiefs managing editor for Full Press Coverage. He covers the NFL. Like and follow on Follow @ebearcat9//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js Follow @FPC_Chiefs//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js and Facebook.