The 2019 NFL Draft began as expected on Thursday night in Nashville. With the first overall pick, the Arizona Cardinals selected quarterback Kyler Murray out of Oklahoma. The pick ended months of speculation surrounding the franchise and new head coach, Kliff Kingsbury.
Latest Cardinals News
- Peterson Violates PED Policy, Suspended First Six Games
- Cardinals Ink First Overall Pick Murray
- Five Possibilities for Cardinals’ Day Two Picks
- Cardinals Select Kyler Murray to Open Draft
- Mocking Birds: Cardinals Mock Draft 3.0
Murray’s draft stock rose exponentially after the Kingsbury hire, following the coach’s comments back in October.
The selection makes it the second consecutive season that the Cardinals have selected a quarterback in the first round. Now the focus shifts to the decision in the quarterback room. Josh Rosen was the guy that Arizona traded up to select last year. Where does he go?
Latest NFL News
- Report: Tampa Bay to Part Ways with McCoy After Nine Seasons
- Vikings 2019 Roster Preview: Secondary
- Raiders WR Renfrow Relishes Opportunity
- Raiders Opinion: The Road Through New England
- FPC Buccaneers Round Table: Undrafted Free Agents That Could Make the Roster
We’ll be back with more Cardinals news as the draft continues.