With their second of two 2nd round picks on Friday, the Chiefs selected Juan Thornhill. Thornhill is a versatile, do-it-all player who has played mostly safety. Yet, the Chiefs can also use Thornhill to line up in the slot. Besides his coverage abilities, he doesn’t shy away from laying the wood on ball carriers. The tackles this player makes are well formed.
Latest Chiefs News
- 2020 Chiefs Draft Prospect: RB Cam Akers
- Tag You’re It: Chris Jones To Receive Franchise Tag
- 2020 Chiefs Draft Prospect: LB Zack Baun
- Kansas City NFL Combine Edition: What We Know
- 2020 Chiefs Draft Prospect: Jonathan Greenard
This pick has new defensive coordinator, Steve Spagnuolo, written all over it. Andy Reid says, “Juan gives you a lot of flexibility so Spagnuolo has a guy that can play safety, can play nickel, can play either safety in the box or on the back end and then at corner.” That flexibility Kansas City loves so much would seem to pair well with Tyrann Mathieu on the back end.
Latest From FPC on SportsCastr
Thornhill provides good ball skills and instincts as a natural athlete. He enters the NFL already compiling 13 career interceptions while at Virginia. Six of those came just last season. The ability to lay those hard hits is an extra adage to how much of a nose Thornhill has for the football.
– Braden Holecek is the Kansas City Chiefs managing editor for Full Press Coverage. He covers the NFL. Like and follow on Follow @ebearcat9//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js Follow @FPC_Chiefs//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js and Facebook.
Ep 27: Bizarro Bruins Mt. Rushmore; Trade Deadline Talkby Full Press Coverage on February 26, 2020 at 3:42 am
On this episode, Ian and Chris discuss the potential moves now OFF the […]