In the Chiefs final of three picks on day two, they selected Khalen Saunders. Saunders is a defensive lineman who is very athletic at 324 pounds. He brings a non-stop motor to the table. Along with that above average athleticism, Saunders presents a wicked first step quickness.
Latest Chiefs News
- Chiefs Week 11: Three Up, Three Down
- Recap: Chiefs Defense Steps Up Vs Chargers
- Chiefs vs Chargers Preview: Must Win In Mexico
- Los Angeles Chargers: Behind Enemy Lines
- Tyreek Hill vs Casey Hayward: Chiefs Matchup
Saunders really shined at the Senior Bowl. His whole Senior Bowl weekend was a cool and fun story. On the first day of Senior Bowl practice, Saunders’s wife gave birth to their daughter. His wife told him to stay in Mobile to finish the week and play in the Senior Bowl game. After a strong performance, he finally got to meet his new born daughter in Chicago. Saunders says he was holding her when he got the call from the Chiefs on Friday.
Latest From FPC on SportsCastr
Saunders playing next to Chris Jones could provide the Chiefs with major production from the inside for years to come. Kansas City has now completely rebuilt their defensive line this offseason. The Chiefs feel like they found great value with Saunders still being available at pick 84. Saunders has great production from his time at Western Illinois, and now he’s the first player to be drafted from that school in 10 years.
– Braden Holecek is the Kansas City Chiefs managing editor for Full Press Coverage. He covers the NFL. Like and follow on Follow @ebearcat9//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js Follow @FPC_Chiefs//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js and Facebook.