The Chiefs have selected wide receiver Mecole Hardman with their first pick of 2019. With the sudden disturbing news about Tyreek Hill, the Chiefs need at wide receiver increased. Hill will also likely get cut. In a trade with the Rams, the Chiefs moved up five spots to 56th overall to select a receiver with a similar mold to Hill.
Latest Chiefs News
- Chiefs Training Camp: Four Things To Watch
- NFL Will Not Suspend Tyreek Hill
- Chiefs Matchup: Chiefs Run Defense vs Jaguars Leonard Fournette
- Tyreek Hill Denies Abuse In Newly Released Audio
- Every NFL Team’s Top Impact Rookie Candidate: AFC West
Hardman can be an elite weapon in the slot. Him and Patrick Mahomes could create one of the best deep threats in a few years. He may also present a fun upside as a returner. The Chiefs have an advantage to use Hardman in space with his freaky athleticism and speed.
In 2018, he hauled in 7 touchdowns and over 500 yards receiving. In both of his last two years at Georgia, Hardman averaged over 15 yards per reception. His versatility, as far as being able to line up anywhere, and be a home run threat with the ball in his hands likely drew the Chiefs interest in him.
– Braden Holecek is the Kansas City Chiefs managing editor for Full Press Coverage. He covers the NFL. Like and follow on Follow @ebearcat9//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js Follow @FPC_Chiefs//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js and Facebook.