The Chiefs have selected wide receiver Mecole Hardman with their first pick of 2019. With the sudden disturbing news about Tyreek Hill, the Chiefs need at wide receiver increased. Hill will also likely get cut. In a trade with the Rams, the Chiefs moved up five spots to 56th overall to select a receiver with a similar mold to Hill.
Latest Chiefs News
- 2020 Chiefs Draft Prospect: RB Cam Akers
- Tag You’re It: Chris Jones To Receive Franchise Tag
- 2020 Chiefs Draft Prospect: LB Zack Baun
- Kansas City NFL Combine Edition: What We Know
- 2020 Chiefs Draft Prospect: Jonathan Greenard
Hardman can be an elite weapon in the slot. Him and Patrick Mahomes could create one of the best deep threats in a few years. He may also present a fun upside as a returner. The Chiefs have an advantage to use Hardman in space with his freaky athleticism and speed.
Latest From FPC on SportsCastr
In 2018, he hauled in 7 touchdowns and over 500 yards receiving. In both of his last two years at Georgia, Hardman averaged over 15 yards per reception. His versatility, as far as being able to line up anywhere, and be a home run threat with the ball in his hands likely drew the Chiefs interest in him.
– Braden Holecek is the Kansas City Chiefs managing editor for Full Press Coverage. He covers the NFL. Like and follow on Follow @ebearcat9//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js Follow @FPC_Chiefs//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js and Facebook.
Ep 27: Bizarro Bruins Mt. Rushmore; Trade Deadline Talkby Full Press Coverage on February 26, 2020 at 3:42 am
On this episode, Ian and Chris discuss the potential moves now OFF the […]