— Robert Raiola, CPA (@SportsTaxMan) May 9, 2019
Latest Cardinals News
- Cardinals 2019 Roster Preview: Cornerback
- Cardinals Select Cornerback in Supplemental Draft
- Cardinals Hoping Kyler Murray Can Change Their Fortunes In 2019
- Cardinals 2019 Roster Preview: Outside Linebacker
- Cardinals 2019 Roster Preview: Inside Linebacker
Murray’s contract, as reported by Schefter, is the typical four-year rookie deal with a fifth-year option. Prior to the draft, Spotrac estimated the top overall selection would net a four-year deal worth approximately $34.9 million, with a signing bonus of $23.4 million. The Cardinals have reportedly agreed to a contract worth $35.1 million with a $23.5 million signing bonus. Not bad for having never played a down of football in the NFL.
Since the 2011 CBA agreement, rookie contracts have been less than suspenseful, since contracts follow a draft slot scale. Most first round selection receive a fully guaranteed contract, with the team option of a fifth season.