Sunday night could be the official end of the 2018-19 season as the St. Louis Blues have a chance to win their first Stanley Cup in franchise history. However, the Bruins have plans of coming home for a chance to win in Boston and hoist for the second time in nine eight years.
— Full Press NHL (@FPC_NHL) June 9, 2019
Latest From FPC on SportsCastr
- According to head coach Craig Berube, Robert Thomas will be a game-time decision for the Blues. Thomas hasn’t played since game one in Boston and has been battling a wrist injury for some time.
- Vladamir Tarsenko missed Saturday’s Practice but for good reason. He and his wife welcomed a baby boy on Friday.
- Having already tied the rookie record for playoff wins, Jordan Binnington will look to set a new record with his 16th win of this playoff run.
- If the Blues clinch on Sunday, who has the edge to win the Conn Smythe Trophy?
- The Blues will bid farewell to longtime anthem singer Charles Glenn and they hope to do it with a Stanley Cup Championship.
- Bruins captain Zdeno Chara spoke to the media on Saturday for the first time since suffering an injury to his jaw.
- Forward Chris Wagner, who has been out since the Eastern Conference Finals against Carolina, took part in practice on Saturday. Head Coach Bruce Cassidy said he is doubtful for game six but there is a chance he can play game seven in Boston if the Bruins win on Sunday.
- Matt Grzelyck, who suffered a concussion in game three has yet to be cleared to return to action.
- The Bruins top forwards have been spectacularly non-existent during five-on-five play during the Stanley Cup Final.
- The Bruins have moved on from the controversial no-call in the game five loss to the Blues.
News and Notes Around the NHL
- One of this year’s biggest UFA’s will not make it to the open market as the Sabres signed forward Jeff Skinner to an eight-year, $72-million extension on Friday.
- The Charlotte Checkers, AHL affiliate of the Carolina Hurricanes, held off the Chicago Wolves and won their first Calder Cup on Saturday night.
- New Rew Wings GM, Steve Yzerman talks about the importance of the draft and things that he learned from former GM Ken Holland in an extensive interview.
- Could Corey Perry be donning a new jersey by the time next season begins?
- Columbus exceeded all expectations this season. What’s next for the Blue Jackets as they have big decisions to face this offseason?