The Wrestling Roundup is here to bring you all the news and rumors you need to know in one place.
AEW Fyter Fest to Stream Free
All Elite Wrestling’s follow-up show to Double or Nothing will be streamed for free. Kenny Omega announced that it will be streamed free during E3 in Los Angeles (h/t WrestlingNews). Details on the stream have not been announced, but it may be on BleacherReport’s B/R Live system.
Fyter Fest is scheduled for June 29th. Here’s the card as of now:
- Cody vs Darby Allin
- Jon Moxley vs Joey Janela
- Adam Page vs Jungle Boy vs MJF vs Jimmy Havoc
- Michael Nakazawa vs Alex Jebailey
- The Elite (Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks) vs Fenix, Pentagon Jr, and a mystery opponent.
Latest Wrestling News
- Wrestling Roundup: August 21, 2019
- WWE SmackDown Live Recap, Grades & Opinion: August 20, 2019
- Wrestling Roundup: August 20, 2019
- WWE Raw Recap, Grades & Opinion: August 19, 2019
- King of the Ring First Round Predictions
John Cena Joining Fast & Furious Franchise
Another WWE star is joining The Rock in the Fast & Furious franchise. It’s been reported that John Cena is joining Vin Diesel in the cast for Fast & Furious 9. Fellow WWE star Dwayne Johnson is apparently not signed on for the movie. Cena confirmed his role in the movie on his twitter.
For nearly 20 years, the Fast Franchise has entertained fans and created some of the biggest cinematic moments in history. It’s an incredible honor to join this franchise and this family. https://t.co/7GFzDsX8sl
Latest From FPC on SportsCastr
— John Cena (@JohnCena) June 7, 2019
NJPW Announces Super J Cup
For the first time since 2016, the NJPW Super J Cup is happening (h/t PWInsider). This version of the tournament will take place entirely in the United States. Originally conceived by Jushin Thunder Liger, the first Super J Cup took place in 1994. This one will take place from August 22nd to the 25th in Washington & California.
Names have not been announced for the show, but the preview video shows different companies that will participate. CMLL, Ring of Honor, and of course New Japan will have wrestlers in the tournament.