The final game of the 2018-19 NHL season is upon us as the Boston Bruins and St. Louis Blues are set to square off in game seven of the Stanley Cup Final tonight in Boston. We will know by late Wednesday (or early Thursday morning) who will be crowned the Champion.
Stanley Cup Headlines
- Despite the long history of the National Hockey League, game sevens in the Stanley Cup Final don’t come around often. We haven’t had one since 2011.
- For one team and city, the end of game seven will be pure jubilation…for the other, the agony of defeat writes Nicholas J. Cotsonika of NHL.com.
- The Bruins are hoping the success of the 2011 Championship run pays dividends in their second game seven in eight seasons.
- Prior to game seven, what have been the defining moments this season for the Blues and Bruins?
- Will Jaden Schwartz finally break through in the Finals for the Blues?
- Tuukka Rask may be the front-runner for the Conn Smythe for BOTH teams writers Pierre LeBrun of The Athletic.
- Motivational speeches help but the Bruins are ready to let their play do the talking writes Matt Kalman of WEEI.com.
- Will the road be advantageous for the Blues once again?
- Blues superfan Laila Anderson will be in attendance for Game 7 in Boston.
Latest From FPC on SportsCastr
NHL News and Notes
- The focus of plenty of trade rumors to this point, Phil Kessel is now unlikely to be moved according to Penguins general manager.
- The NHL/NHLPA Competition Committee made several recommendations on Tuesday, including expanded video review.
- Are the Leafs interested in trading Nikita Zaitsev?
- Who are the Top 10 Goalies entering the 2019 NHL Entry Draft?
- The Oilers have seen an overhaul of their front office so far this offseason. The next move is making Bob Nicholson the Chairman of the Oilers.
- Former interim GM of the Oilers, Keith Gretzky, will remain with the team as the assistant general manager says Ken Holland.
- What does the future hold for Oilers 2016 first-round pick, Jesse Puljujarvi?
- Will Milan Lucic benefit from returning home to Vancouver to play for the Canucks?
- Who were the most improved Maple Leafs this season?
- Jeff Skinner believes the future is bright in Buffalo.
Ep 37: Conversation with Bruins' Legend Johnny Bucykby Full Press Coverage on May 21, 2020 at 4:24 pm
"The Chief" Johnny Bucyk joins Ian and Chris to talk Bruins hockey, Gordie […]
Ep 34: Bruins Tough Guys; NHL Return to Four Cities; Quarantine Activitiesby Full Press Coverage on April 25, 2020 at 4:53 pm
After a few weeks off, Ian and Chris return to the Big Bad Bruins studios […]