Clock is ticking on some familiar faces
We are through the first preseason game with few injuries to any potential starters. Key takeaways from the 30-10 loss to the Browns and last week of practices that have effected my projected 53-man roster.
- Keenum is clearly the best quarterback on the roster with Haskins showing a lot of promise.
- Doctson’s roster spot continues to be in jeopardy with his starting job looking to be gone.
- The medical staff is doing a disservice to Guice which could force 5 RB’s to start the season on the active roster.
- Jimmy “The People’s Corner” Moreland (H/T John Keim) needs to really regress the rest of August to not be on this roster.
- Troy Apke is looking healthy, improved, and ready to contribute.
- The left side of the line is as bad as we thought.
- Insiders are insistent that Colt will be a Redskin Week 1, but can’t get/stay healthy to practice or play.
QB: Keenum*, Haskins
RB: Peterson*, Guice, Thompson, Marshall, Perine
WR: Richardson*, McLaurin*, Quinn*, Docston, Harmon, C. Sims
TE: Reed*, Davis, Sprinkle, Flanagan
T: Penn*, Moses*, Christian Sr.
G: Scherff*, Martin*, Flowers
C: Roullier*, Bergstrom Pierschbacher
DE: Allen*, Ioannidis*, Bonner
DT: Payne*, Settle, Brantley
OLB: Kerrigan*, Sweat*, Anderson, McKinzy
ILB: Dion-Hamilton*, Bostic*, Harvey-Clemons, Holcomb
CB: Norman*, Dunbar*, Rodgers-Cromartie, Moreau, Stroman, Moreland
FS: Nicholson*, Apke
SS: Collins*, Everett
Reuben Foster (IR), Bryce Love (PUP), Alex Smith (IR), Colt McCoy (IR)
Italics = Rookie
* = Starter