The Wrestling Roundup is here to bring you all the news and rumors you need to know in one place.
Seth Rollins Tops PWI 500
The “Beastslayer” reigns supreme this year in the Pro Wrestling Illustrated Top 500. Rollins topped the list after finishing fifth on the list last year. The list is in kayfabe, factoring in championships, match quality, feuds, prominence in their promotion, and win-loss record. Rollins topped the list once before in 2015. WWE congratulated Rollins on his achievement:
— WWE (@WWE) August 29, 2019
The top 10 this year looks like this:
- Seth Rollins (WWE)
- Daniel Bryan (WWE)
- A.J. Styles (WWE)
- Kofi Kingston (WWE)
- Kazuchika Okada (NJPW)
- Johnny Gargano (NXT)
- Roman Reigns (WWE)
- Kenny Omega (AEW/NJPW)
- Hiroshi Tanahashi (NJPW)
- Will Ospreay (NJPW)
Latest Wrestling News
- AEW: Predicting the AEW Tag Team Championship Tournament
- Wrestling Roundup: September 20, 2019
- Wrestling Roundup: September 19, 2019
- WWE NXT Recap, Grades & Opinion: September 18, 2019
- Wrestling Roundup: September 18, 2019
Another WWE Draft Coming?
Ahead of SmackDown Live moving to Fox, WWE may run another brand draft. According to Wrestling Observer Radio, (h/t SquaredCircle Reddit), a brand draft may be done to shore up the rosters. The quote from WOR is:
“Right now there is a concept of another draft type of thing to build permanent Raw and Smackdown rosters. What we were originally told is that they wouldn’t be making major changes, but some changes, but this is Vince. Everything is being kept quiet and USA and FOX will be the first to know when the concept is decided.”
Latest From FPC on SportsCastr
WWE using a brand draft to solidify the rosters makes a lot of sense. With the Wild Card rule, the brand allegiances of wrestlers has become muddled. Time will tell if WWE actually uses a roster draft once again.
Enzo & Cass Returning to WWE?
Rumors were swirling early on Thursday that Enzo Amore and Colin Cassidy would be returning to WWE. The rumors from Wrestling Observer Newsletter (h/t CagesideSeats) indicated WWE wanted to bring the tag team back for NXT’s move to USA. Dave Meltzer walked the rumor back later that day.
WWE says no interest in Enzo & Cass at this time. So looks like that's not happening.
— Dave Meltzer (@davemeltzerWON) August 29, 2019
WWE even commented on the rumor to ProWrestlingSheet, saying there was no truth to it. Enzo and Cass tweeted about it as well. So far it’s hard to tell where the truth lies, but don’t be surprised if the “Realest Guys In The Room” return to WWE.
— ZXL (@TheCaZXL) August 29, 2019
— #nZo (FKA Enzo Amore) (@real1) August 29, 2019