The Wrestling Roundup is here to bring you all the news and rumors you need to know in one place.
Impact to AXS Confirmed
After Anthem purchased AXS TV, the expectation was for Impact to move to AXS. Thursday that move was officially announced. Impact announced it on their Twitter page:
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) September 12, 2019
The two-hour show on AXS does not have a set date yet, but will begin airing after Bound for Glory on October 20th. Impact will continue to simulcast their shows on Twitch as well.
The Fiend Advertised For Universal Championship Shot
Previous reports and advertisements have said The Fiend is going to be the next challenger for the Universal Championship. WWE even leaned into it by having Wyatt reference it in an episode of the Firefly Funhouse.
More advertisements have aired showing The Fiend as a Universal Championship contender. WrestlingInc reports that commercials aired for an Edmonton, Alberta live event for after Clash of Champions. The matches advertised included Seth Rollins versus the Fiend in a Universal Championship match, Braun Strowman versus Gallows & Anderson, and Sasha Banks versus Becky Lynch for the Raw Women’s Championship. Rollins would be winning the Universal Championship match at Clash of Champions if this card turns out to be accurate.
Latest Wrestling News
- WWE Survivor Series 2020 Results, Grades & Recap
- Wrestling Roundup: November 19, 2020
- Wrestling Roundup: November 16, 2020
- Talkamania Ep. 178: Bellas Live Rent Free In Dez’ Head
- Wrestling Roundup: October 29, 2020
Progress Chapter 95 Card
On Saturday, Progress will present Chapter 95: Still Chasing from Alexandra Palace in London, United Kingdom. Some NXT talent is on the card, including all of British Strong Style. Plus a 30-Person Rumble match will crown the first Proteus Champion. The full card is as follows:
- 30-Person Royal Rumble (Progress Proteus Championship)
- Keith Lee & Matt Riddle vs. Moustache Mountain (Trent Seven & Tyler Bate)
- Pete Dunne vs. A Mystery Opponent
- Aussie Open (Kyle Fletcher & Mark Davis) vs. Grizzled Young Veterans (James Drake & Zack Gibson) (c) (Progress Tag Team Championship)
- Jordynne Grace (c) vs. Meiko Satomura (Progress Women’s World Championship)
- David Starr vs. WALTER (c) (Progress Unified World Championship)
You can watch Progress Chapter 95 on Demand Progress through the link here. It airs Saturday, September 15th at 4 GMT, 12 noon EST.