The Wrestling Roundup is here to bring you all the news and rumors you need to know in one place.
WWE Hell in a Cell Results
Hell in a Cell was Sunday night. Only four matches were announced before Sunday, with additional matches being added only hours before the show. The results from the show were:
- Natalya def. Lacey Evans
- Becky Lynch (c) def. Sasha Banks to retain the Raw Women’s Championship in a Hell in a Cell match
- Roman Reigns & Daniel Bryan def. Erick Rowan & Luke Harper
- Randy Orton def. Ali
- Kabuki Warriors def. Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross (c) to win the Women’s Tag Team Championships
- Viking Warriors & Braun Strowman def. The O.C. by disqualification
- Chad Gable def. Baron Corbin
- Charlotte def. Bayley (c) to win the SmackDown Women’s Championship
- Seth Rollins (c) & Bray Wyatt go to a no-contest in a Universal Championship Hell in a Cell match.
Reception to the main event was extremely negative online, as the finish was essentially a disqualification. The match also took place entirely in red light which was strange, but fit The Fiend character. WWE seemingly didn’t want to put the title on The Fiend, but didn’t want him to look weak. Instead, the show as a whole ended on a down note.
Latest From FPC on SportsCastr
Latest Wrestling News
Tom Phillips New Role, NXT UK Results
With the WWE announced shuffle that has taken place, Tom Phillips & Byron Saxton were the two men left out in the cold. We now know what Phillips will be up to. He was introduced as the new lead announced for NXT UK, taking over for Vic Joseph (h/t PWInsider).
Tapings for NXT:UK occurred over the weekend as well. Some highlights include:
- Gallus & Ilja Dragunov feuding with Imperium
- Joseph Connors attacking Travis Banks
- Tyler Bate defeating Kassius Ohno
Full spoilers for the recent set of tapings can be found here (h/t Fightful).
New WWE Trademark Filed
WWE recently filed a trademark for a new event, named WWE Triple Crown (h/t WrestlingInc). The filing was made on October 1st, and could be a new show for WWE. No other indication of what the show would be is known. With NXT now operating on USA Network, it may be a show with all three main brands represented.