The Wrestling Roundup is here to bring you all the news and rumors you need to know in one place.
Editors note: just a heads up that there will be no Wrestling Roundup on Monday. It’s Thanksgiving up in Canada, and I will be celebrating with my fellow canucks. Enjoy the weekend everyone!
News On The WWE Draft
WWE has released rules and information surrounding the WWE Draft. Starting on Friday’s SmackDown and continuing on Monday’s Raw, the draft’s rules include:
- Over 70 Superstars, as well as tag teams, are eligible for selection in this year’s WWE Draft
- SmackDown will draft 30 Superstars, and Raw will select another 41 Superstars
- Since SmackDown is a two-hour show and Raw is a three-hour show, for every two picks SmackDown makes, Raw will receive three
- Tag teams will count as one pick unless FOX or USA Network specifically wants to pick only one Superstar from the team
- Any undrafted Superstars will immediately be declared free agents and able to sign with the brand of their choosing
WWE also announced stars from Fox & USA who will participate in the draft. These include Joe Buck, Troy Aikman, Alex Rodriguez, Dule Hill, Jim Cramer and more. The full list and WWE announcement can be found here.
Latest From FPC on SportsCastr
WWE Draft Pools Announced
Along with the rules, WWE has also released the pools for the draft. On Friday & Monday, different wrestlers will be available for draft. Some notable names on each day include:
Friday, October 11th:
- Becky Lynch
- Roman Reigns
- The Fiend
- Sasha Banks
- Kevin Owens
Monday, October 14th:
- Brock Lesnar
- Seth Rollins
- New Day
For the full list of draft pools, follow the link here.
Ember Moon Injured
One name missing from the draft pool is Ember Moon. According to Dave Meltzer (h/t Fightful), Moon is out with a leg injury. The injury is either an ankle or Achilles injury that will keep her out for an indeterminate amount of time. Moon last wrestled on the September 23rd episode of Raw in a loss to Lacey Evans