The Wrestling Roundup is here to bring you all the news and rumors you need to know in one place.
NXT UK Results
Thursday kicked off another year of British graps in WWE. It was headlined by a no disqualification match between Alexander Wolfe and Ilja Dragunov. The results from this week’s NXT UK:
- Dave Mastiff def. Kona Reeves
- Kassius Ohno def. Ligero
- Ashton Smith & Oliver Carter def. The Outliers
- Ilja Dragunov def. Alexander Wolfe in a No DQ Match
Wrestle Kingdom Night 1 Preview
New Japan’s biggest wrestling event is coming on January 4th and 5th. It includes the last matches for Jushin Thunder Liger in his storied career. We’ll have the preview of night two tomorrow, but here is the match card for January 4th:
- Kazuchika Okada (c) vs Kota Ibushi – IWGP Heavyweight Championship
- Jay White (c) vs Tetsuya Naito – IWGP Intercontinental Championship
- Will Ospreay (c) vs Hiromu Takahashi – IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship
- Lance Archer (c) vs Jon Moxley – IWGP United States Championship Texas Death Match
- Guerrillas of Destiny (c) vs FinJuice (David Finlay & Juice Robinson) – IWGP Tag Team Championships
- Chaos (Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & Yoshi-Hashi) vs Bullet Club (Kenta, Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens)
- Los Ingobernables de Japon (Sanada, Evil, Shingo Takagi & Bushi) vs Suzuki-gun (Zack Sabre Jr., Minoru Suzuki, Taichi & El Desperado)
- Jushin Thunder Liger, Tatsumi Fujinami, The Great Sasuke & Tiger Mask vs Naoki Sano, Shinjiro Otani, Tatsuhito Takaiwa & Ryusuke Taguchi
Wrestlemania 36 Card Still Undecided
While the Wrestle Kingdom card is done and stacked, Wrestlemania 36 is still up in the air. Wrestlevotes is claiming a source in WWE has never seen a January so wide open for WWE’s Wrestlemania plans (h/t WrestlingInc). The tweet doesn’t give any indication of what the plans may end up being, but some top matches have been rumored. Matches like Bray Wyatt-Roman Reigns, Brock Lesnar-Tyson Fury, and Becky Lynch-Shayna Baszler have all been tossed around the rumor mill.
Talked to a source over the holidays who’s been with WWE for 10+ years who said they can’t remember a January where so little of the WrestleMania card has been decided upon. Said it’s both refreshing, as WWE is keeping multiple option open, but frustrating at the same time.
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) January 2, 2020
Drew Gulak Files For Catch Point Trademark
There’s always some interesting news to be found in wrestling trademarks. WrestlingInc reports that Drew Gulak recently filed a trademark for his old stable name in Evolve, Catch Point. It was filed in the end of December and was filed for “Professional wrestling entertainment events; clothing; wrestling.” Catch Point in Evolve started with Drew Gulak, Tracy Williams and TJP.
One for the Road:
Nyla doesn’t carpool.
— Jungleboy (@boy_myth_legend) January 2, 2020