In the 6th round of the NFL Draft, the Green Bay Packers Select OG Jon Runyan 192nd overall.
🚨 THE PICK IS IN 🚨
— Green Bay Packers (@packers) April 25, 2020
It took until the sixth round, but the Packers finally addressed the trenches. It begins on the offensive side with Jon Runyan. The versatile offensive lineman played tackle at Michigan but was drafted by Green Bay as a guard. Throughout the last couple of seasons, versatility has been a priority when selecting offensive linemen.
Latest Packers News
- 2021 Packers Preview – Offense
- 2021 Packers Preview – Defense
- What Has an NFL Wild Card Champion Done For an Encore?
- NFC Championship Odds: Packers Maintain Betting Edge Over Visiting Bucs
- NFL Championship Games: Don’t Want No Rematch? Well, We Got Two
Currently, the Packers swing tackle job may be up for grabs. Alex Light is the favorite to retain that role, but he has minimal NFL experience. Runyan has a shot at battling for the swing tackle spot in training camp.
Thank you for reading this article about the Packers decision to Select OG Jon Runyan. Be sure to stay connected to Full Press Coverage for more great 2020 NFL Draft content.