Arriving in a trade from Detroit in 1957, Johnny Bucyk has been a member of the Boston Bruins organization in some capacity ever since. His playing career, which lasted 23 seasons and spanned three different decades, saw him win a pair of Stanley Cups with the Bruins in the early 70s and rack up 545 goals (534 with the Bruins) and 794 assists.
Latest NHL News
- NHL Game Day Notebook: Lightning, Blue Jackets Set For Rematch
- NHL Playoffs Betting Preview: Blue Jackets vs Lightning
- NHL Playoffs: Western Conference Staff Predictions
- NHL Playoffs: Eastern Conference Series Staff Predictions
- NHL Playoff Primer: What to Expect in Each Postseason Matchup
Bucyk was inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 1981 and currently has the most goals in Bruins franchise history. His 1,369 points are second to only Ray Bourque. On Thursday, he joined Ian Glendon and Chris Blackey of the ‘Big Bad Bruins Podcast’ to discuss playing with Gordie Howe, Bobby Orr, and his love for the Boston Bruins.
Johnny Bucyk Career Stats
Ep 39: Bruins' Legend Gerry Cheevers Joins the Showby Full Press Coverage on June 6, 2020 at 3:18 pm
Ian and Chris are joined by two-time Stanley Cup winning Bruins goaltender […]
Ep 37: Conversation with Bruins' Legend Johnny Bucykby Full Press Coverage on May 21, 2020 at 4:24 pm
"The Chief" Johnny Bucyk joins Ian and Chris to talk Bruins hockey, Gordie […]