Early last week, a tragic death occurred in Kansas City. A four year old boy, LeGend Taliferro, was shot and killed in his sleep inside of his apartment, according to KSHB 41 Action News. Kansas City Chiefs defensive end Frank Clark quickly took action to help out Taliferro’s family.
Per the news station, Clark has continued to stay in touch with the boy’s mother. He intends to help cover and pay for the funeral costs.
The Kansas City Police Department announced the apartment building was specifically targeted. As of now, no arrests have been made.
- 2021 Chiefs Draft Prospect: Wyatt Davis
- 2021 Chiefs Draft Prospect: Dyami Brown
- This Or That: Jon Feliciano Or David Andrews?
- 2021 Chiefs Draft Prospect: Jordan Smith
- 2021 Chiefs Draft Prospect: Teven Jenkins
Frank Clark took to Twitter late last week, to confirm recent reports of this death. He quoted the early news report with the hashtag #TheRealLeGend. In addition, Clark made his own statement on Twitter for Taliferro.
“RIP young LeGend Taliferro. Crazy in the midst of a movement we still manage to do foolish things. He was killed as he slept in his home due to gun violence. His mother, Charron Powell needs us. Let his name be heard.”
The defensive end will not only help cover the funeral costs. Moreover, Frank Clark plans to honor Taliferro by playing in his name against the Houston Texans in the regular season opener.
– Braden Holecek is the Kansas City Chiefs managing editor for Full Press Coverage. He covers the NFL. Like and follow on Follow @ebearcat9//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js Follow @FPC_Chiefs//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js and Facebook.