KHL’s Spartak Moscow club won’t follow the path of Omsk Avangard and has stopped their training camp due to Covid-19.
On July 17th team announced that they have 13 members of staff and players that have tested positive for Covid-19.
Other teams are also facing Covid-19 related issues. CSKA Moscow has had seven positive tests, Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod has three cases while Severstal Cherepovets only two.
Latest From FPC on SportsCastr
”Due to the current situation and it not being possible to practice with the best resources available we have decided to stop our training camp in Novogorsk and the team will be returning to Moscow. In the near future, Spartak will make a decision on how to proceed in our pre-season training schedule.” Spartak announced.
Latest Hockey News
- Another KHL Team Heads Into Quarantine
- Seven Neftehimik Players Test Positive For Covid-19 Causing Issues For Other Teams
- KHL Best Players: Week One
- Politics And Covid-19 Cause Issues In The KHL
- Jokerit Helsinki Fans Join Forces with Dinamo Minsk Fans
As Covid-19 continues to spread around the KHL it now seems highly unlikely that the league will be able to begin their season as planned – on September 2nd.