The Cleveland Browns have claimed former Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback and second-round pick M.J. Stewart.
There is a new addition to the Cleveland Browns secondary, former Tampa Bay Buccaneers cornerback M.J. Stewart. Cleveland claimed Stewart off of waivers after being waived by Tampa Bay.
The Browns have claimed CB M.J. Stewart off of waivers, per source. He was a 2018 second round pick of the Bucs.
— Field Yates (@FieldYates) August 8, 2020
Stewart appeared in 21 games (6 starts) with Tampa Bay during his two seasons with the Buccaneers, recording 68 total tackles (2 for loss) and defending 5 passes.
Latest Browns News
- Why Hall-of-Famer Jim Brown Has No Equal When it Comes to Respect From His Peers
- Under The Radar: X-Factors For KC vs Cleveland
- Cleveland’s Grossi: Why the Underdog Browns Won’t Try to Run Kansas City Out of the Playoffs
- Chiefs vs Browns: Thrilling Headlines
- Browns Win First Playoff Game Since 1995
At worst he is a low-risk addition to the secondary that if he does not work out Cleveland can move on just like Tampa Bay did. At best he can revitalize his career in a new city.