The first official injury report for the 2020 season came out on Wednesday and despite it signaling the start of a new season, Mike Evans appearance on the list is worrisome as the Bucs prepare for the Saints this Sunday.
Latest Buccaneers News
- NFL Monday Night Football Odds: Bucs Favored to End Primetime Home Slide in Date with Rams
- Tampa Looks to Buck Primetime Trend Against the Rams on Monday
- NFL Week 11 Odds and Trends: Dolphins, Bucs Poised to Gain Ground in Divisional Races
- Buccaneers Travel To Carolina to Take On The Panthers
- Bucs, Saints Meet Again With NFC South Supremacy on the Line
Evans is dealing with what head coach Bruce Arians calls a “soft tissue” injury and he was listed as ‘Did Not Participate’ on Wednesday’s report. If Evans doesn’t see the practice field before the week is out, it could very much put his season debut in question which would thrust Chris Godwin into the spotlight for new quarterback Tom Brady.
|Buccaneers Injury Report – 9/8/2020|
|WR Mike Evans (hamstring)||Did Not Participate|
|S Andrew Adams (hamstring)||Limited Participation|
|CB Parnell Motley (hamstring)||Limited Participation|
|CB Ryan Smith (ankle)||Limited Participation|
The talented wideout missed the final three games of the 2019 campaign and the start of 2020 could be in jeopardy with another hamstring injury. In addition to Godwin season increased targets, Rob Gronkowski too may see more of a workload considering his familiarity with Brady.